Infantile colic is commonly described as persistent and often violent crying for no apparent reason in seemingly healthy and thriving infants. The August, 1989 issue of the Journal of Manipulative & Physiological Therapeutics reports that 94% of a group of 316 children with infantile colic responded very favorably to Chiropractic care.Read More >
Many studies show that children under chiropractic care recover faster and have fewer ear infections than those who don’t get adjusted. One study published in the October 1997 issue of Journal of Clinical Chiropractic Pediatrics involving 332 children with otitis media (ear infections) found that not only did the children under chiropractic care recover faster, they had fewer instances of the ear infections happening again in the future.Read More >
Written by Jeanne Ohm, DC; March 1, 2005
More and more parents are seeking chiropractic care for their children. Many spinal problems seen in adults began as early as birth. Even so called “natural” birthing methods can stress an infant’s spine and developing nerve system. The resulting irritation to the nerve system caused by spinal and cranial misalignment can be the cause of many newborn health complaints. Colic, breathing problems, nursing difficulties, sleep disturbances, allergic reactions and chronic infections can often be traced to nerve system stress.Read More >
Having children is my greatest achievement. It was my saviour. It switched my focus from the outside to the inside. My children are gifts, they remind me of what’s important. – Elle Macpherson
The birth process may be one of the most traumatic events of our lives. Even so-called “natural” births can stress a still developing spine. The resulting irritation to the nervous system can be the cause of many newborn health p=complaints. Colic, unexplained crying, poor appetite, breathing problems, ear infections, and allergic reactions can often be traced to nervous system dysfunction caused by a malfunctioning spine.Read More >
Footprints in Time Midwifery
We offer midwifery and doula services to the women of West Central Wisconsin. We accept women for home birth and birth at our free standing birth center. Services that we provide:
|– Homebirths||– Birth Center|
|– Prenatal Care||– Contraception|
|– Water Birth||– Yearly Exam|
|– Lab Services||– Sports Physicals|
|– Birth Classes||– Well Woman Visits|
|– Illness Treatment and Prevention||– Ultrasound|
We believe in a woman’s inner strength and her body’s innate wisdom and ability to carry and birth her baby. A woman should be free to plan her birth, choosing the safety and intimacy of her own home or a birth center as she desires.Read More >
Written by Jeanne Ohm, D.C.; June 2002
Chiropractic care is essential for the pregnant mother. Her systems and organs are now providing for two and their optimal function is critical for the baby’s healthy development. The mother’s spine and pelvis undergoes many changes and adaptations to compensate for the growing baby and the risk of interference to her nervous system is increased. Specific chiropractic care throughout pregnancy works with enhancing nervous system function providing greater health potential for both the mother and baby.Read More >
There’s a big difference between NORMAL and COMMON. Studies show that over 80% of Americans will suffer from debilitating back pain at some point throughout the year.1 Also, nearly 1 in 4 households includes someone with migraine headaches.1 So are chronic back pain and headaches common? Unfortunately, yes. Are they normal? Absolutely not! These are warning signs that there’s something more significant occurring in your body.Read More >
Chiro Kids Day 2015
- The birth process can be very traumatic, putting stress on the infant’s spine and developing nervous system and setting the stage for future issues if not addressed.
- Common conditions seen in children, like colic, nursing difficulties, reflux, ear infections, bedwetting, childhood traumas, and immune dysfunction can often be traced to nerve system stress.
- Developmental milestones like rolling, sitting, crawling, and walking are all activities that affect spinal alignment and are important stages to have your child’s spine checked by a Doctor of Chiropractic.
- As the child begins to participate in regular childhood activities like climbing, jumping, and riding a bike, small yet significant spinal misalignments may occur. If neglected, the subtle trauma will affect the future development of the spine leading to impaired nervous system function.
- It’s important to realize that chiropractic does not “cure” anything – your child’s body does!
- Chiropractors are experts in detecting and correcting spinal misalignments, removing interferences from the nervous system and allowing your child’s body to self-heal and self-regulate.